terms & conditions
1. BOOKING POLICIES
- Receipt of the deposit of 25% of the cost of the holiday confirms a booking, this deposit is non refundable.
- The balance of the holiday cost to be paid, at the latest, 8 weeks before the first day of the holiday.
- If your booking is made within 8 weeks of your arrival date, 100% of the holiday cost is due at time of booking.
- Bookings can only be made with customers over 18 years.
- We reserve the right, at all times, without statement of reasons, to refuse a booking.
- We will confirm all bookings via e-mail.
- By booking a stay with us you agree to our terms and conditions, which can be found here.
- In the case of late or incomplete payment of the amounts invoiced to you, we will send you a reminder of payment, and if within five days after the date of the reminder, payment has not been received and cleared by Venn Farm Retreats then unfortunately we will have to cancel your booking, all deposits will be forfeited, and the holiday period will be offered back for hire to another customer.
- Booking confirmations and invoices must be checked immediately on receipt for any errors. Possible or claimed errors must always be notified by email or phonewithin ten days following the date of the confirmation/invoice and before the start of the stay.
25% deposit payable within 72 hours of the booking being accepted.
COVID – 19 FLEXIBLE PAYMENT Policy
This policy currently relates to guests who have a holiday is due to take place in between the period of 4th July 2020 and 31st October 2020
As a business we are continuing to monitor the Government advice and any other measures that could affect a guest’s ability to take their holidays.
We have therefore introduced a new Special Balance Payments Policy to help ease any such concern to allow guests the chance to wait and see how matters develop before having to make a decision about whether to go ahead or cancel their booking.
We will review whether we extend the period that this policy applies to at least once every 3 weeks in line with the Government guidance around any lockdown periods.
When are balances due if your holiday was due to take place within the period this policy relates to?
• Normally a guest would be required to pay the balance for their holiday not later than 8 weeks (56 days) before their holiday is due to commence.
• This NEW COVID-19 policy permits any guest who has a balance due for holidays in this period to pay for the balance not later than 3 weeks (21 days) before the holiday is due to commence.
What does this mean for cancellations if your holiday was due to take place within the period this policy relates to?
• If a guest cancels with 22 days or more notice the guest’s liability for the remainder of the balance will be waived or the balance refunded if this has been paid previously. The deposit will also be offered as a voucher for a future stay.
• If a guest cancels their booking with 21 days or less notice, no refund will be due, and the guest will be liable for the full remaining balance.
Clients are very strongly advised to obtain travel insurance for UK stays, immediately on paying the deposit on a holiday.
Any holidays after 31st October 2020 are subject to our normal Terms and Conditions. However, we are continuing to monitor government guidance and will review our policies in line with this at least every 3 weeks.
If the government impose travel restrictions for the period you wish to go on holiday, we will work to get to a suitable resolution at the right time.
3. Prices; the price of your holiday includes accommodation for a party of up to nine (plus cot) in the Cob and 4 in the Red Barn (plus cot).
4. Linen; we provide bed linen for each person and for cot if requested. In the kitchen tea towels, a dishcloth, and sponge is provided.
5. Nursery Furniture; We have a limited supply of cots, highchairs and stair gates available, please e mail to reserve these, first come first served.
6. Groups; Venn Farm is primarily a family site, however does allow group bookings, please call to arrange. If you are looking for an all-adult gathering please contact us to discuss if we are able to help. We will take a security deposit of 25% of the cost of the stay. We reserve the right to refuse entry to any all adult group bookings not authorized at the time of booking and any monies paid will not be reimbursed so please do contact us before booking.
7. Rental; in the price of every holiday the following is included:
Rental of accommodation, heating and hot water, parking, bed linen, towels.
8. Changes; if, after confirmation of your booking, you would like to change the booking date we will try and help if a suitable alternative date is available. For each change to a confirmed booking, up to a maximum of four weeks before arrival, we charge a £40 admin fee. Please note, amending dates to a more expensive period will incur additional accommodation charges. Amending a booking to a cheaper period will not see a refund of the difference in costs. In principle, alterations cannot be permitted within four weeks prior to arrival, however we will always try and help if possible.
9. Arrival and departure; Check in on the farm is after 4pm. Check out is 10am.
10. Force majeure; Force majeure on the side of Venn Farm exists if the implementation of the agreement is entirely or partially, temporarily or permanently, prevented due to circumstances which are beyond the control of Venn Farm, including threat of war, strikes, blockades, fire, floods, natural disasters, terrorism and other disruptions or events.
a. Venn Farm accepts no liability for theft, loss or damage, of whatever nature, during or as a result of a stay
b. The person who books the holiday and their guests, are jointly responsible for all loss and/or damage which arises, for Venn Farm, and/or any third party as a direct or an indirect consequence of their stay. This is irrespective of whether this was caused through actions or refraining from actions by themselves or by third parties, who are at the farm through their making, as well as of all damage which is caused by any child which they have under their responsibility.
12. Assumption of Risks; While we take great care to keep our guests safe, accidents can happen and we are not responsible for such accidents (to the greatest extent permitted by law). It is your responsibility to supervise any children. If you notice that any equipment looks faulty and/or unsafe you must inform Venn Farm as soon as possible. We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance against the risk of accidents, theft from your accommodation, and your stay being cut short.
13. Guests are welcome to use the trampoline but this is entirely at their discretion and risk. Please ensure children are not left unattended.
Additional Pet Specific Terms & Conditions
- While pet-friendly properties is a term used please note that there are no specific property modifications that have taken place to accommodate pets.
- Dogs are only permitted at those properties that are marketed as such and the number of dogs that each property accommodates is detailed on each property page. If you wish to holiday with a pet other than a dog, it would be necessary for Venn Farm Retreats to achieve consent from the owner prior to confirming your booking.
- An additional accommodation charge is applicable for bookings that include dogs. This additional charge will be clearly detailed against your booking and the fee is payable prior to your arrival at the property.
- Please do not leave your pets alone or unsupervised in the property at any time during your stay.
- Pets are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture at any time.
- For the safety and comfort of your dog we request that owners exercise due diligence at all times, especially where the property is located near a road/livestock. Venn Farm Retreats does not accept responsibility for the safety of your pet.
- We request that you bring your own pet provisions, including bedding.
- Pets should be cleaned and fully dried off before entering the property after being outside.
- In the interests of hygiene, health and safety and out of consideration for others it is important that you clean-up after your pet and dispose of any mess in a sanitary and responsible manner.
- You are responsible for any damage caused by your pet, whether inside or outside the property. If extra cleaning is required as a result of a Client having pets in the property, this may be deducted from your deposit
- Please note that additional restrictions may apply to some properties – please refer to the Property Specific Terms and Conditions for more information.