terms & conditions
1. Booking; Receipt of the deposit of 25% of the cost of the holiday confirms a booking, this deposit is non refundable. The balance of the holiday cost to be paid, at the latest, 8 weeks before the first day of the holiday. If your booking is made within 8 weeks of your arrival date, 100% of the holiday cost is due at time of booking.
Bookings can only be made with customers over 18 years. We reserve the right, at all times, without statement of reasons, to refuse a booking. We will confirm all bookings via e-mail.
By booking a stay with us you agree to our terms and conditions, which can be found here.
In the case of late or incomplete payment of the amounts invoiced to you, we will send you a reminder of payment, and if within five days after the date of the reminder, payment has not been received and cleared by Venn Farm Retreats then unfortunately we will have to cancel your booking, all deposits will be forfeited, and the holiday period will be offered back for hire to another customer.
Booking confirmations and invoices must be checked immediately on receipt for any errors. Possible or claimed errors must always be notified by email or phonewithin ten days following the date of the confirmation/invoice and before the start of the stay.
2. Prices; the price of your holiday includes accommodation for a party of up to nine (plus cot) in the Cob and 4 in the Red Barn (plus cot).
3. Linen; we provide bed linen for each person and for cot if requested. In the kitchen tea towels, a dishcloth, and sponge is provided.
4. Nursery Furniture; We have a limited supply of cots, highchairs and stair gates available, please e mail to reserve these, first come first served.
5. Groups; Venn Farm is primarily a family site, however does allow group bookings, please call to arrange. If you are looking for an all-adult gathering please contact us to discuss if we are able to help. We will take a security deposit of 25% of the cost of the stay. We reserve the right to refuse entry to any all adult group bookings not authorized at the time of booking and any monies paid will not be reimbursed so please do contact us before booking.
6. Rental; in the price of every holiday the following is included:
Rental of accommodation, heating and hot water, parking, bed linen, towels.
7. Changes; if, after confirmation of your booking, you would like to change the booking date we will try and help if a suitable alternative date is available. For each change to a confirmed booking, up to a maximum of four weeks before arrival, we charge a £40 admin fee. Please note, amending dates to a more expensive period will incur additional accommodation charges. Amending a booking to a cheaper period will not see a refund of the difference in costs. In principle, alterations cannot be permitted within four weeks prior to arrival, however we will always try and help if possible.
a. In the event of a cancellation more than 8 weeks before the commencement of the stay, 25% of the rental amount will be payable
b. In the event of cancellation within 8 weeks before the start of the stay, the entire rental amount will be payable
c. In the case of premature termination of the stay, the entire booking amount is payable
9. Arrival and departure; Check in on the farm is after 4pm. Check out is 10am.
10. Force majeure; Force majeure on the side of Venn Farm exists if the implementation of the agreement is entirely or partially, temporarily or permanently, prevented due to circumstances which are beyond the control of Venn Farm, including threat of war, strikes, blockades, fire, floods, natural disasters, terrorism and other disruptions or events.
a. Venn Farm accepts no liability for theft, loss or damage, of whatever nature, during or as a result of a stay
b. The person who books the holiday and their guests, are jointly responsible for all loss and/or damage which arises, for Venn Farm, and/or any third party as a direct or an indirect consequence of their stay. This is irrespective of whether this was caused through actions or refraining from actions by themselves or by third parties, who are at the farm through their making, as well as of all damage which is caused by any child which they have under their responsibility.
12. Assumption of Risks; While we take great care to keep our guests safe, accidents can happen and we are not responsible for such accidents (to the greatest extent permitted by law). It is your responsibility to supervise any children. If you notice that any equipment looks faulty and/or unsafe you must inform Venn Farm as soon as possible. We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance against the risk of accidents, theft from your accommodation, and your stay being cut short.